-Greek CUISINE –
Moussaka is a Greek classic, and here I'll show you how to make it in the most delicious way possible!
Ingredients for for 6 servings
Eggplant 450 g
Ground pork meat 300 g
Late potatoes 300 g
Onion 100 g
Garlic 15 g
Tomato 400 g
Parmesan cheese 50 g
Olive oil 60 ml
Butter 50 g
Wheat flour type 500 45 g
2% milk 500 ml
salt, pepper, herbes de Provence, nutmeg
How to make real Moussaka?
- In a frying pan, heat the oil, throw in the onion and fry. Then lay out the ground meat, add chopped garlic, season: 2 teaspoons of herbes de Provence, a pinch of salt and pepper. Fry the meat until browned.
- Dice the tomatoes and add them to the meat. Fry the whole thing until the tomatoes fall apart and form a sauce.
- Wash the eggplant and potatoes and cut them into slices.
- Heat up a grill pan and grill the eggplant on it. Prepare the potatoes in the same way.
- Put a layer of potatoes on the bottom of an ovenproof dish, then put the meat filling, and on top of it the eggplants.
- Put more layers, so that the last is the eggplants.
- In a saucepan melt the butter and add to it. Mix the whole thing thoroughly so that there are no lumps.
- Slowly pour the milk into the pot, stirring all the time. Cook the sauce for 5 minutes and season it with a pinch of nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Pour the finished sauce into an ovenproof dish.
- Grate cheese on top of the moussaka.
- Place in an oven preheated to 180 degrees Celsius for half an hour.