-BALKAN CUISINE –
Pljeskavica Balkan-style Hamburger Recipe
Ingredients for 4 Servings
– 1 kg of ground meat (preferably a mixture of two or more types, e.g. lamb, pork, beef, veal, mutton)
– 1 onion
– hot peppers 2-3 pcs. – as desired
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 100 g smoked cheese/goat cheese, oscypek or as desired
– paprika (1-2 teaspoons)
– pepper, salt to taste
How to make Pljeskavica?
1) Chop the onion into small cubes.
2) Chop the hot bell pepper into cubes.
3) Prepare the meat – mix with finely chopped onions and peppers.
4) We add salt, paprika and a little pepper. Then we mix everything by hand and with the help of a spoon.
5.We form one large cutlet ( it is more difficult to flip it to the other side) or several large ones. Fry until the meat is perfect for eating.
Serve with pita buns, onions and ajavar sauce. You can also serve with baked potatoes or French fries.